Thursday, November 25, 2010

NOVEMBER 20

November 20. The day I got my new wheels and BECAME AN AUNT (loved all the text messages I got from my sister while she was in labor...). And the day I attended my first Texas A&M football game.

And it was a fantastic game! Opponent: Nebraska. Score: 9 (A&M)-6 (Nebraska). All points came from field goals.

But let us talk about Kyle Field. It was a cultural experience. I bleed purple and gold and love Husky football, but Aggie fans are something else (all the traditions are amazing and the sense of community here, even though it is a large school, is hard to match) and subsequently I am honored to work here. I was in awe.

None of us are as strong as all of us.

This old lady was having a fantastic time cheering on her Fightin' Texas Aggies!


Attendance (a sea of maroon) as well as ultimately the final score.

The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band doing their thing. It was incredible to watch. No one ran into each other!

Students stand the whole game cheering on their team. Good for them, but no thanks. My ass likes to sit.

More of Kyle Field and the 12th Man.


No comments: