Friday, December 12, 2008

One of the Most Boring Weeks Eva!

What is there to blog about? NOTHING. Nothing is going on. This week is Eid al Adha (Or Eid #2) and thus we have the week off. However, I am on-call and so I am relegated to sort of working. I gotta keep the on-call phone with me at all times, cannot go too far from Education City (nor do I want to anyway because I hate, hate, HATE driving here), must check email and such on a regular basis, etc. But to make matters more dire, the network is down and thus access to the internet is rather sporadic and I have no access to my files, printers, or voicemail. I really cannot do much of anything yet I cannot go anywhere...

So I am bored out of my mind. I sleep a lot (I am gaining a better understanding concerning why people sleep until 12 or 1 - they are bored, not lazy). Go for runs around Education City. Pack for my trip to Mexico (but I might be the world's most efficient packer and as a result it takes me basically no time to get my crap together). Read (but I am afraid to read too much because the books I have are supposed to be for my trip). Simplify my stuff (I am always on a quest to organize what I have...it is slightly OCD). Take baths. Kill cockroaches. Paint my nails. Research on the internet (when it is working): Kerala (I am going there for a week in January with my boss to attend a wedding (perhaps I get to wear a sari) and then check out the famous backwaters and hill stations), Lasik (I am so over wearing glasses and thus I want to get my eyeballs fixed this spring), and real estate (I am leaning towards only doing a year here and hence I want to buy my own little abode if I move back to the States this summer).

So there you go.

This might be the last post until I return from Mexico. So happy holidays! And viva Mexico!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are getting away to Mexico to be with your family for awhile! I truly admire the fortitude and grit you are showing during your time in Qatar and being the stranger in a stranger land! It sounds like you are coming face-to-face with the realization about what is important to you in life. I'm looking forward to chatting with you when you return.

All my best,

Susan Templeton