Sunday, March 1, 2009

Coming to America

I am coming home TOMORROW! It does not seem real (except for the big pile of stuff in the middle of my apartment that I need to pack). I am not sure I will believe it even when I am actually making the long trek back (via Saudi Arabia and Amsterdam...two places that could not be more different). There has been so much back and forth for months about if I would be able to make the trip or not. I finally got my plane ticket just last week. Why am I going? I am attending the NASPA conference in Seattle (home!). I will get some much craved professional development and I will also be presenting on QF's sustainability efforts. And then I am extending my stay for a little over a week to just have a dang break! This girl needs one! The plan thus far is to:

1. Go to Dick's Drive-In at least once to get my fix of two little perfect cheeseburgers and a milkshake

2. Go shopping at Value Village

3. Eat Mexican food in some capacity nearly each day

4. Spend loads of time with friends and family (hit me up!)

5. Work on my finances a bit - do my taxes, put some dinero in my Roth, buy some stock...

6. Organize some of my stuff in storage

7. Ride a bike

8. Get Lasik - 12 March is the big day

9. Enjoy a beverage or two

10. Go on really long runs outside

And then I head back to Doha on Friday, 20 March. Nooo!!! But little momma will be moving back to the States this July!

No comments: