Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Storm!

About the time I wrapped up my post on the CDA EOY Celebration thingy, a mean storm rolled in with a lot of lightning and thunder, rain, and wind. Very unlike Doha and more like a summer storm on the East Coast. I used to be terrified of such storms as a child. Perhaps even borderline crazy. For instance, I used to lock all the doors and windows (do not let it in!), shut the curtains (because I figured if I could see it, it could see me...and then get me), turn off and unplug anything that needed power and deter the use of such items in my presense, put rainboots on (due to the whole rubber tire theory with cars, I figured it would work with rubber rainboots too...), cover my ears and eyes, hide under my bed...and I was usually on the verge of crying. Again, I was TERRIFIED. But now I am not so terrified of mean storms (OK, I do get a little anxious still) and thus I went outside to play in it (it felt so good getting soaked). Here is some video of the storm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1VFpZDI7u0.

No comments: