Saturday, June 27, 2009

A few more pictures from the trip

Here are some additional pictures that are not on the photo site. Most were taken by others and then posted to Facebook. A couple others belong to me, but I did not post them with the others because they would have spoiled a Father's Day surprise for my pops.
The pushing the van up a hill next to a crater in Uganda moment caught on film. Thanks, Tanya (since she had a manky foot, she was relegated to sitting in the other van (that we also had to push up the hill), but she was put to work holding a wine bottle and three glasses of wine)!
On the channel cruise at QE2. Ros, Tanya and myself taking life way too seriously as usual...
I have no idea what I was doing in this photo. Probably being pestered by some bug.
Our dirty, dirty feet after the trek...but it was so worth it!

And these next two photos are from my Father's Day project for my dad. Perhaps I am biased, but it might be the best Father's Day gift ever. Or at least one of the most original.
This was the main photo I used to make a collage on Shutterfly (mad props) for him. Cost to see gorillas: $500, amount of time spent trekking through the dense, muddy and hilly jungle to see them: about 4 hours, amount of time spent making sign: maybe 3 minutes during a bumpy pre-dawn car ride, cost to make collage on Shutterfly: a little over $7, his reaction: priceless (happiness and love all around).
Explaining what I was doing to the others in the group. Also, I would like to add that these photos were taken by a dude in the Rwandan military with a massive gun.

No comments: