Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On the flip side, what I will miss here...

1. THE STUDENTS, particularly Maha, Sundus, Setareh, Zena, Maryam, the Benazirs, Basit, Modarris, Maham, Sinan, Safi, Dianna, Ajmal, Sarwar, Haya......

2. Friends like Gary, Rachelle and Rosemary, Justin, Faten, Mohana...

3. Jamaican food at Caribbean Cuisine and Pastry, particularly delicious festival.

4. Getting clothes made by my tailor friend...and fabric shopping.

5. All my vacation time and the close proximity of so many cool places.

6. Thai Snack and its yummy pad see ew.

7. Shawarma (but I am definitely over hummus).

8. Juice stalls (the best ones are the ones that do not look like they pass health codes).

9. The kindness and smiles of the workers, especially the cleaners in my buildings.

10. My dirt cheap phone bills.

11. The challenge of language barriers because it makes for interesting conversations.

12. Having a job and thus receiving a paycheck!

13. Driving and all the amazing Land Cruiser drivers. NOT.

14. The Call to Prayer.

15. Shopping at the souq for scarves.

No comments: