Friday, July 11, 2008

I am not sleeping and it is buggin' me out!

OK. This post is primarily a rant because I am in a bad mood at this current hour. In the last few days I have slept less than I normally do in one night and it is frustrating the shit out of me. I am normally an 8-9 hour sleeper. I love to sleep and deem it an essential part of my day. I have always made it a point to make sure I get adequate amount of sleep regardless of my schedule. But I basically have not slept since coming to Qatar. I get naps and that is it. I know I am tired because, damn it, I feel tired, but I do not sleep. I thought last night I would get my first full night of sleep. But hell to the no! So yesterday I went all day long on two hours of sleep. I woke up at around 2:00 a.m. and was up until midnight. Then I woke up again today at 2:30 a.m. and have not been able to go back to sleep since (so after being up for 22 hours, I slept only 2.5 hours...). And I should have been able to sleep this past evening because yesterday, my 22 hour long day, was a busy day! I went to a late breakfast with some work peeps, then we saw Get Smart (Save your money...sort of entertaining, but I feel a little dumber after watching it. Also, I have never seen so many previews in my entire life. And they cut out kissing scenes...but not the kissing scenes between dudes. Interesting...), and then we went swimming. So it was a day that you think would make a person sleepy, especially when they only got a couple hours of sleep the night before! But noooooo! I am at my ends with this shit. I have never had issues with jet lag in the past. In fact, I have always been able to get right on schedule (did not matter if it was a 3 hour, 5 or 6 hour, even 9 hour difference...). But now...problems galore! And it is not like I want to sleep at another time in the day! Even though I am tired, I cannot sleep. I am doomed. However, if this is the only problem I am having, I should not fret too much. Again, everything else is going well. I am meeting people and getting situated. I just want to sleep. That is what I want most right now. And my boxes.

No comments: