Friday, October 10, 2008

Gym = Ambrosia. Sort of.

I had a revelation today (I have lots of revelations...) that the gym here at night reminds me of Ambrosia (a club in Syracuse) with its very loud music. Not all the time, but some of the time. But minus the alcohol, sticky floors and the guidos. And fights. Anyway, every once in a while it plays a hot set (I did not even need my iPod tonight!), but then the rest of the time it plays lame music (lots of weird Euro techno business or very explicit and thus makes me uncomfortable rap) as well as lots of reggaeton (who would have thought that reggaeton was so big here?). And I kept up with some of the U.S. military academy (Army, Navy...) kids tonight. I wanted to see if I could do their circuit and I totally kicked ass at it! They were impressed (the old lady could keep up!) and I was impressed (this old lady could keep up!). OK. That is all.

No comments: