Thursday, January 1, 2009

And now some pictures of Mexico!

Here y'all go (in reverse order...I am too lazy to put them from the beginning of the trip to the end):

I love this escalator at LHR Terminal 5. I basically like escalators period, but prefer taking the stairs (I just do not like it when people stop on escalators). Anyway, this one is massive.
Malcolm eating food off the table. Do it while you still can!
Cutie Miranda in my reindeer ears (yes, they belong to me).
Family photo from our ATV trip.
Jayson crashed! He is 2 for 2 on ATV trips.
My crash site. My ATV would have consumed most of this photo, but I would be on my back in the upper left corner.
Mom going down the zipline. That is Bryan and I chillin' on the raft.
I am the first to go! Arika was the lone one who did not go and missed all the fun.
Where we stayed...hmmm...
Who finds this flattering? I am always amazed at the number of tourists who do this to their hair. Stop the insanity, people!
I asked Malcolm to give me a pose and he gave me this...
Miranda and Marlena playing in the pool.
Skyler pestering Dad on our day trip to Akumal.
Striking my 'damn, you, world!' pose with my little bro.
Road construction in rural Mexico - an old man with a bucket.
Biking around Ek Balam on an old bike with crappy brakes, but I loved it! Freedom! I miss my bike!
Behind this wall of jungle is a massive Mayan ruin that archealogists (spelling?) have not got to yet.
The view of the village of Ek Balam from the top of highest pyramid. You can see the lookout tower and baseball field dugout. The rest of the village is tucked in all the trees. And this structure used to be covered like the one in the photo above!
A photo of yours truly from the top. I totally needed a tan...
And another photo of Ek Balam (BTW the ruins and the village share the same name).
And another...
And some cows next to the ruins. Moo.
And here is a last one.
Some local kids hammin' it up with me. They gotta kick out of me taking pictures of them and then checking them out on my camera. I loved their giggles!
My little BFF Morris sharing seeds he found with local kids.
Making a hammock takes forever! It was great to 'help out' for about an hour, but I could not imagine doing it day in and day out. I would need to find a way to sit down and do it.
A fly Spiderman pinata!
My tortilla is on the left... But at least it tasted alright!
This lady is the tortilla queen of Ek Balam. She makes over 200 a day! And she was maybe as tall as my shoulders when we were standing next to each other (I am a giant here!).
Making corn into dough so we can make some yummy tortillas. That stone thing I was using is at least 300 years old.
My lovely little cabin.
I experienced some of the best showers of my life here in the outdoor shower (no worries because it was completely private).
Welcome to Genesis! These pups serve as the doorpersons.
A gang of damn noisy poultry...
A woman working on a hammock in front of her home. Most of the crafts created by villagers are sold in Merida.
Pretty! I love me some pretty plants!
Dude just chillin' on the side of the road reading with no shirt on... Do your thang, mi amigo!
So this is where old school video games end up!
I think this is the lone Christmas tree I saw this holiday season... Sad.

No comments: