Thursday, January 1, 2009

Call to Prayer

You rarely hear the Call to Prayer here in Qatar. For some cultural reason, Qatar is a rather mute society. But today, the first day of 2009, I have been hearing it a lot. I actually like hearing it (maybe I would not if I lived next to a mosque), but I am sort of confused concerning why it is blaring from various mosques all day. I was hoping to find something in the paper, but nothing. I have asked people, but no answer. I am so perplexed!

Speaking of the paper, I find the caption for this photo to be hilariously over the top: http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=264101&version=1&template_id=57&parent_id=56
bathing the rippled surface of the Arabian Gulf my ass!

Mexico post and link to photos coming this weekend. I promise.

Happy New Year.

No comments: