Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shoe is in my office -- stop by.....

The title of this entry says it all. Best email in a long time. Congrats to the boss man! You see, I busted a strap on a great pair of sandals on day 5 of being here. I was totally bummed, but realized it was totally fixable. However, finding a shoe repair place posed quite the challenge. I located one at City Center, a mall in the heart of the construction disaster that is downtown Doha. And as a result no one was willing to take me there to get my shoe fixed. Everyone avoids City Center like the plague. So for weeks my sandal sat on my dining table waiting to be repaired. Poor sandal, poor me. But Kevin, the boss man, was kind enough to drive me in his little car of death (he normally has a nice and spacious Volvo, but was in yet another accident and thus he is temporary driving a little Skoda) to City Center last week. However, the repair place needed a few days to fix my sandal. Damn it! As a result I needed to find someone to take me back to this place within a week or so before my shoe was forever lost! I now have my own license and a car (A new black Ford sedan thingy (no idea what it is called) for 30 days courtesy of QF), but I am totally not ready to venture to City Center behind the wheel of a car. Baby steps. This week I have only cruised around Education City. Perhaps this weekend I will head for Villagio or Landmark. Anyway, Kevin needed to go back to City Center last night for whatever reason and he picked up my shoe! Yesss! And I received this email from him this morning: Shoe is in my office -- stop by..... That was it. No message in the body of the email. And I can only imagine that my little sandal is perched on his desk for all to see waiting for its owner to come snag it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a better way to start your birthday! Have a great day!