Thursday, August 14, 2008

Watch out! Jade has her driver's license!

Yep, yep. I got my driver's license today. Oh dear. I have no more excuses to avoid driving and thus I was talked into driving home from dinner at the fancy noodle place at the Movenpick. Belle and Lindsay were completely for me driving home. Curt was a little apprehensive (I believe he was worried about Belle and the three babies). And I was extremely nervous myself (my hands were gripping the wheel tightly, my heart was racing...I believe I was more freaked out about taking the wheel here than my very first time driving ever), but I did it! Holla (BTW Ya Hala, our welcome event for students, is tomorrow and I LOVE saying it...Ya HALA!!! I say Ya, you say Hala! Or holla for Ya Hala!). But, yes, we made it home safe and sound. And laughing too. Whenever a car would come near me or something I would yell at it (Hands down the favorite was "Don't go, bitch!" to a Land Cruiser about to enter a roundabout). It is a natural instinct for me, but I guess I come off to some people as a rather innocent person and thus they are sort of shocked when profane language comes out of my mouth. I must admit that yelling, especially cursing, at cars gets me through (a defense mechanism). I did it in the States and I guarantee you I will do it even more here. I have to find a way to battle it out with all the crazy Land Cruisers and Range Rovers. They make NYC and Boston drivers look like old ladies driving Cadillacs on their way to get their hair done or something...and do not get me started on Seattle drivers...

And I got a webcam today! Another speedy purchase and it rocks! So if you wanna do a video chat with me (and see my cute face), GET SKYPE!!! I figure the only way I will survive this place is through staying in touch with people in the homeland.

No comments: